Roasted tomatoes with garlic crumbs
00:15:00 TO PREP
00:25:00 TO COOK
- 4 large vine-ripened tomatoes
- 3/4 cup (150g) low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 slice Rich Bake bread, cut into cubes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 100g packet baby salad leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place tomatoes, stem side down, on a board. Slice each tomato into 3 thick rounds
- Combine ricotta, basil and salt and pepper in a bowl. Sandwich tomato slices together with ricotta mixture. Place tomatoes, stem side up, in a small baking dish just large enough to hold them.
- Place bread and garlic in a food processor. Process to crumbs. Sprinkle garlic crumbs over tomatoes.
- Roast, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until crumbs are golden and tomatoes are just tender.
- Divide salad leaves between serving plates. Place a tomato on each plate. Drizzle with vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.