Asparagus and baby beans with crunchy crumbs
00:10:00 TO PREP
00:25:00 TO COOK
- 2 slices of Rich Bake white bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 150 g baby green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Process bread until coarse crumbs
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook crumbs, stirring, until just turning golden. Add garlic and lemon zest.
- Cook, stirring, until browned. Remove from heat
- Cook asparagus and beans in a saucepan of boiling water, for 2 to 3 minutes or until bright green and just tender. Drain well.
- Place beans and asparagus on a serving plate. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with crumb mixture. Serve.